Young Adult Missionaries of the Connectional WMS of the AME Church

Young Adult Missionaries of the Connectional WMS of the AME Church

Friday, May 6, 2016

Afternoon Prayer for Young Adult Women to Speak the Word of God Boldly and be Empowered to be His Witnesses, His Hands and His Feet


Afternoon Scripture
1 Timothy 4:12 NLT
Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.


Afternoon Devotion
For as long as I can remember, I've loved music. The first thing I ever did in church or in front of any group of people was sing about God. I sang loud and proud. I was very young so I hadn’t acquired much fear and really didn’t care very much about what other people thought yet. I just knew that when I sang “This Little Light of Mine” it brought me joy and it seemed to bring joy to other people too. I was being a witness, based on what very little I knew about God. 

Think about the last time someone asked you to participate in church or mission work. Were you willing to step forward boldly? As young adult missionaries, we may feel that our lack of experience makes us unqualified to do certain things. Thankfully, young age does not prevent us from being an effective witness. People can learn and benefit from our unique experiences, however limited they are. If you witness with a pure heart, trust that it will be more than enough. 


Afternoon Prayer 
Lord, thank you for giving us a bold spirit. Keep doubt from interfering with your plans for us. Let the purity of our intentions and our love for you shine through in our conduct and in our mission work.  Amen. 



Sister Janice Burch
Young Adult Missionary
St. James AME Church, Johns Island, SC
7th Episcopal District

No comments:

Post a Comment